First Time Buyers
Buying your first home
This is one of the most important decision you will ever make, both emotionally and financially.
We have helped hundreds of people purchase their first home, and we can help you too!
- Up to 90% finance available
- We offer independent advice & access to the most competitive market rates via our panel of lenders.
- We arrange fast mortgage approval, so you can shop for properties knowing exactly how much you can afford.
- We offer support every step of the way – from your initial application to the day you get your key.
Top tips for getting mortgage ready
1. Check your credit score – your credit history is a crucial factor when applying for a mortgage. If you feel you may have adverse credit history you can check your credit score on line by logging onto www.icb.ie.
2. Prove to the lender you have the ability to repay – build up a good savings record and keep documentary evidence of your rent (i.e. payment by direct debit to your landlords account, rent book and/or tenancy agreement).
3. Maintain healthy current account activity- a key factor for lenders is to see how you manage your money on a monthly basis. Keeping your current accounts in good working order and free of referral fees is essential.
4. Evaluate what you feel you can afford – based on what money is currently coming in and going out each month, you should have a good idea of what you feel you can afford to spend on a mortgage without over stretching yourself financially.
5. Organise your documents – there is a standard list of documentation that the lenders will require.
6. Give us a call – a straight forward conversation, no strings attached will help you get on the right track to apply for your first mortgage.
Read some of our testimonials
Mortgage Plus and Leo, in particular, pulled out all the stops when I was buying my first house guiding me through this process. He looked after the mortgage, life assurance & home insurance for me. I would be delighted to recommend them to anyone looking for mortgage advice.
Leo was most helpful in advising us and helping us get our first mortgage. We are originally from India and Leo was very patient, polite and professional in the way he met with us and guided us through the whole application from start to finish which resulted us getting the keys to our new home. We would certainly have no hesitation in recommending him and Mortgage Plus.